In this episode of the Change Management Review™ Podcast, Theresa Moulton interviews change practitioner, change management talent matchmaker, and network weaver, Dan Olson. He was the chief instigator of the Minnesota Change Management Network, as well as the co-founder of STAR Collaborative, a professional services staffing firm with specialties in project and change management. Recently, Dan has launched ChangeGuild, a consultancy at the forefront of organizational Change Management and a driver of the Twin Cities change management ecosystem.
In this fast-paced interview, Dan shares insights based on his experiences in working with all levels of change interventions – from one-on-one leadership coaching to massive global deployments. His message of ‘change how you change’ is extremely timely and relevant in today’s VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) world.
- How did you get into the field of change management?
- What topic or topics do you think are most relevant to change management professionals today?
- Do companies really have a full view of all the projects and changes that are going on?
- Why do you think that a change management professional should know about the future of change management?
- What is it about Agile that you think is most important for change management professionals and why?
- What practices have you seen in Change Management that just flat-out don’t work anymore?
- If you could give one piece of advice to a newcomer to the change management field, what would it be?