In this episode of the Change Management Review Podcast, Theresa Moulton interviews Alexandra Mack. Alexandra is a senior fellow at Pitney Bowes, and a Board Member of Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Community (EPIC).
Theresa and Alexandra discuss how ethnography can provide change management professionals with a new view into how some of the organizational cultural dynamics work.
- What is Ethnography and how did it come to exist?
- Where has Ethnography impacted business outcomes?
- What are some methods and tools that Ethnographers use to discover why people might be resisting organizational change?
- When you work inside an organization and have people “think out loud”, how do people feel about being observed and studied?
- How do you position yourself in terms of explaining to the people you are observing, why you are there and what you are doing?
- What is the EPIC organization and how can we learn more about this exciting field?