In this episode of the Change Management Review™ Podcast, Theresa Moulton interviews Jonathan Raymond – CEO at Refound and author of the award-winning book Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For. In 2018, he was named one of Inc. Magazine’s top 100 leadership speakers. After spending 20 years trying to figure out if he was a business executive or a personal growth teacher, Jonathan stopped trying to figure it out. He created Refound to offer a way to help people develop personally and professionally at the same time. The former CEO of EMyth, Jonathan has led business transformation projects in technology, renewable energy, and the coaching industry.
In this in-depth interview, Jonathan sheds light on some key components of change initiatives that get underestimated – as well as some of the disconnects that cause people in different areas of the organization to have divergent views on change.
- Tell us about the catalyst for you writing your book?
- What’s the thing clients underestimate when beginning a change project?
- You teach a lot about feedback and 1:1s. Why are these things part of a change project?
- It seems like there’s always a disconnect from top-level change messages and the perception of those changes by the rest of the organization. Why is that?
- What do you love about helping clients with change projects?