In this episode of the Change Management Review™ Podcast, Theresa Moulton interviews Stacey Ferguson, President & Principal Consultant at The Ferguson Group US. As an experienced principal consultant with over 25 years in transformational, operation and problem-solving engagements, Stacey founded her firm on the principle of “Together Sustaining Success”. Stacey is also VP of the Minnesota Change Management Network (MNCMN), working to develop a nexus of change management professionals in the Minneapolis Metro and beyond.
In this information-loaded interview, Stacey brings to bear her unique ability to develop a change strategy aligned with the business/project work, including the development and execution of supporting tactical action plans. Listen as she walks you through the steps of developing and measuring a change management initiative, based on indicators that go into place at the outset – and use what she gives you as a guide in your own work.
- How did you get into the change management field?
- What causes change management initiatives to succeed or fail?
- What are some of the key elements of the change management strategy that need to be in place at the beginning of the initiative?
- How do you bring those elements forward throughout the entire initiative?
- What are some of the specific indicators and measurements around change adoption that should be in place for the initiative?
- How does a practitioner “sell” the value of change management inside the organization?
- What is the one piece of advice that you would give to a newcomer in the change management field?