Ever since the International Coaching Federation (ICF) released its 2018 report on the significant role coaching can play in successful change execution, there has been an increased focus on if, when, and how to bring coaching into change management projects.
The Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) and ICF formed a joint task force to study the intersection of the two professions.
Courses (including one offered by Change Management Review) on coaching as a change professional are now available, and some change management professionals are obtaining coaching certification through ICF.
At the same time, professional coaches are finding themselves being called on to support more and more organizational change through individual, group, and team coaching.
Change Management Review’s Editor-in-Chief Theresa Moulton and Managing Editor Brian Gorman bring together change partitioners who have integrated a coach approach into how they approach their roles.
- What led to your decision to bring coaching skills into your change management practice?
- How has it made a difference, if at all, in the work that you do and the outcomes that you achieve?
- What was one “aha” moment in your training that really strengthened your resolve to do this?
- What is an example of a situation that you handled significantly different because of your coaching skills?
- What are some of the most important lessons you have learned about the role of a coach approach in change management?
- How important do you think it is for change professionals to add this capability to their toolkit?
- Should every change management professional do so?
- And much, much more, including your opportunity to ask Brian Gorman and Theresa Moulton your #1 question on this topic!
Change Management Review™
With more than 25 years of consulting, executive coaching, and business-building experience, Theresa Moulton, Editor-in-Chief of Change Management Review™, has been a guest lecturer and speaker at the IBM Center for Business Value, Babson College, the Organization Design Forum, NICSA, NEHRA, SHRM, and CFO Magazine.
Change Management Review
An ICF Certified Professional Coach, Brian Gorman has served as a consultant, line manager, mentor, and coach for more than 40 years, earning a reputation for helping others successfully implement difficult changes. Brian is also Managing Editor for Change Management Review™ and co-host of its internationally recognized podcast.