In this episode of the Change Management Review™ Podcast, Theresa Moulton interviews Melanie Franklin, Co-Chair of the Change Management Institute UK, Director of Agile Change Management LTD, and a respected author of text books and articles on change, project, and program management. Melanie is also an examiner, responsible for assurance of the work of a team of examiners creating professional qualifications in Change Management. Melanie is highly respected in her field and is sought-out by many organizations all over the world who need support in creating their strategy and plans for managing change.
In this fast-paced interview, Melanie reveals how “agile” is a concept that actually appears throughout many disciplines and industries today, why this is the case, and how agile principles drive contemporary change management initiatives.
- What is the meaning of the word “agile”?
- Throughout various industries where the term “agile” is used, what makes this concept so popular?
- How do we define Agile Change Management?
- How can we utilize the well-known agile techniques into how we manage change, getting the benefits of the visual nature of the reporting, clarifying the change activities using User Stories, and prioritizing them?
- What is the one thing that you would like our listeners to take away from this discussion?