In this episode of the Change Management Review™ Podcast, Theresa Moulton interviews Michael Bungay Stanier. Michael is the Senior Partner at Box of Crayons, where he and his team of facilitators help time-crunched managers coach in 10 minutes or less. He has authored several books, including “The Coaching Habit” and “Do More Great Work”; and has written for or been featured in numerous publications around the world.
Theresa and Michael discuss the importance of coaching in the Change Management Profession, including how coaching can improve a practitioner’s work with clients, as well as some effective and powerful coaching questions a change management practitioner can use with their clients.
- How did you become focused on coaching as a result of your experience as a change management consultant?
- What is the crux of The Coaching Habit® and what motivated you to write the book?
- What are the most important coaching concepts for us to focus on as change management professionals? Why?
- Could you give us some specific examples of how you see coaching practices improving our ability to work with our clients?
- What are some of the most effective coaching questions that a change management practitioner could have in their “back pocket” in doing their work?
- What advice would you give to change management professionals who are in the process of developing their client relationships on a new project?